Sunday, February 22, 2015

Cinnamon Mango Overnight Oatmeal

We're back!

Getting ready for another weeks worth of meals for my manly man
I'm so happy he likes this mason jar oatmeal, I'm trying another. Also because we used up most of our frozen fruit so I'm being creative here. 


Ingredients per Jar: 
1/3 Cup rolled oats
1/4 cup whole milk yogurt (we use raw, here to make Crock-pot yogurt)
1/3 cup milk (raw again)
1 mango
cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp Chia seeds




Dry ingredients in first.
Why isn't there a measurement for cinnamon? 
Because you're a cook. Sometimes you gotta feel it out, ya'll.
Besides, you don't want to know how much cinnamon I go through. 
Enough to make it worthwhile to buy the essential oil next month.




By the by, it's cheaper to grind your own flax seed, no comparison. Also it's fun. 

I keep a small container ground up in the fridge for times like this. 
Add yogurt and milk, then shake (do I really have to add that the tops are on at this point?).

Add fruit and shake once more.
Use within two or three days.
So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment