Sunday, February 22, 2015

Infused water: nutritious and delicous

Sometimes people share how overwhelmed they are about eating healthy
or adding essential oils into their diet. 
To be realistic: it's a mindset and you have to practice. You will reach the point where it's 'easy'.
To be encouraging: Try this out.

Look up infused water for yourself; I did a bit of research, and with how inexpensive it is to incorporate into a menu, health benefits, and trying to wean Jesse away from juice until I start making my own from scratch, I was game. We've tried several kinds, but today I'm using some leftovers and trying it out with an essential oil. 

Ingredients:
Water pitcher-ideally glass, but hey. 
1 Kiwi
Small handful of berries, aka what I have left in the bag today
1-3 drops of Doterra's Slim n Sassy oil blend


Peel and chop the kiwi into a few pieces, then toss them and the berries into the pitcher
Add the drops of essential oils 
Tip: Put the oils in before the water. Otherwise you'll get a mouthful of annoyance.
 Trust my failures.

Add the ice next, then fill with water 
Leave at least an hour before drinking
If you were wondering, those other colors are my re-usable ice cubes. 
Must be a mom.  
Enjoy the taste of your success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment