Sunday, February 1, 2015

Easy Sunday Pork Roast

It's eight in the A M, and two guys are asleep!
This calls for a sermon on the computer, a relaxed breakfast, and prepping for our Sunday dinner free from my wonderful distractions.
I love getting to spend time with my crock pot. Or rather, I love putting ingredients in and leaving it alone for several hours and then opening it up to find meals. I feel like the Jetsons.

This weekend, we bought a couple of 3 1/2 lb pork roasts from our friendly milk man, who recently butchered one of his pigs. I am by no means ready to take on that particular event myself, but I'm more than willing to buy the end product.

Healthy deliciousness.
Nom.

There are several easy ways to do this, so as I like to be flexible and use what's in my pantry before I go out and buy anything, I'll do a basic roast. Next week I'll post my harvest fruit pork roast.

Ingredients
3 lb roast
1 large onion, chunked
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
6-8 Carrots
6 potatoes, just to be consistent.
salt
pepper
rosemary
splash of lemon juice


Peel and chop your vegetables

-If you're able to buy organic, either wash n chop (keep more nutrients in), or peel,putting the scraps in the stock pot. Stretch that budget, baby!
-I buy my soap Here . It's made from kelp, biodegradable, and can be used for food, body, shampoo, laundry and housecleaning. For the win.
-A note for new crock-potters: cut those vegetables (or fruit, etc) to be around the same size so they all cook through the same. Tastes better. Just sayin'.


put them into the crock pot on low; mix in some minced garlic



place roast on top, and shake some of that pepper, salt and rosemary on that meat.
I also like to splash a bit of lemon or lemon juice as well, just for fun.
Rosemary, citrus, and apples: Three of my favorite things to add to pork. 

Meanwhile, remind yourself that while soaked oatmeal is tasty, I should not leave this guy alone with a bowl of steel cut oats and expect him to keep things clean.


Put on low and leave there all day. How about 8 hours?



I would say I have the final photo, but I don't, because we ended up taking the whole thing over after church to my in-laws, who cheerfully helped us eat it all. Another time, then. 

Enjoy your Sunday, knowing you don't have to think about this meal besides your timer. 
Yum. 









No comments:

Post a Comment