Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Morning


 I love being a mom to my guys 

my wonderful, human, sinful, beautiful boys 


They bring so much joy to me 


At the moment, my little man has gone down for a nap over two hours earlier than usual, and my littler man has a sinus infection that I'm fighting to keep from becoming a respiratory issue. There's laundry in the dryer, clothes on the bed, yogurt on the chairs, and toys all over the living room. I haven't taken a shower or worked out yet, but the we're having a good day.

I love being a mom. 

I thought I knew selfishness, and then I got married. Then I realized I was. Then I had my babies, and saw we had barely scratched the surface of sanctification. Sleep? psh. Warm food? hah. Personal space? see you in 20 years. Joy? tons. 

So this is a reminder to myself that if we had never had these guys, we'd probably still be living up north, both working to pay off debts faster, with a savings account and less chance of ripped books, snotty tissues, and stepping in pee.
 And I'm so glad we have them! 
Thank you, God, for my babies. Remind me how much I love them when I'm exhausted. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment