Monday, July 4, 2016

Refresh and Renew

It's been a while.
Life happened.
Babies
Moving
Family
Growing
Life.
I decided to have another crack at it; maybe one day put this into a book for my kids, but right now I could use something else besides the couch and TV in the evenings after the wookies are asleep. And hey, I'm still sitting, but at least I have brain waves exercising. That's something.

Today is the Fourth of July.

Happy Independence Day!

Happy day of no picnic, no husband home, no kids for supper, no energy.

Happy day of trying again, even if that starts at nine-thirty in the evening with an excited toddler discovering poppers in the driveway while our neighbors set off fireworks.

Happy day of trying something new.

Here's to trying again, and writing again, and engaging again.
I'm so thankful for this country, and our freedom. But I have something more.
This is about our God, giving me independence from the slavery of sin, to be joyfully following as a slave to Christ. Being completely dependent.
It's been good to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment