Sunday, February 1, 2015

Spiced Hot Chocolate

Tonight, I find myself in need of some comfort food.
I want chocolate.
Instead of going out and buying (and eating) a bag of Hershey Kisses--it has, sadly for my waist line and goal of health, been done--I will make myself a small smackerel of hot chocolate.
note to self: limit watching Winnie The Pooh with Jesse for a bit, it's starting to show.


 Measure your milk in your mug, then pour into the saucepan. 
This ensures you don't make too much. I did not do this. 
I did, however, use raw milk, which somewhat mitigates my earlier failing. 
Most recipes call for semi-sweet chocolate chips. If I keep those at home, I will eat them. Know your weaknesses. Unsweetened cocoa powder is not so tempting. 2 spoonfuls 
Sugar is your own prerogative. Tonight I added 2 small spoonfuls of sugar, but I might try stevia, xylitol, or honey  next time. 

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 


 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, or 1 drop cinnamon oil for ya'll essential oil users.




 Whisk and heat, baby. Whisk and heat. 

Attempt to pour into mug.
Fail. 
Clean up the unsurprising mess and add a Peppermint stick or 1 drop of Peppermint oil, if desired. 
Maybe some whipped cream and pink sprinkles. 
Why not, it's February 1st.

Now, if only I could watch Chocolat, things would be perfect. 
I have, however, a manly man waiting to read me the next chapter in the Lord of the Rings so I can inevitably fall asleep to the sultry sound of his voice.
Not too shabby.



No comments:

Post a Comment