Sunday, January 25, 2015

Essential Oils in a day of the Shoemaker Household

6:30  I am usually woken up, or wake up in an attempt to be up and ready before littles start the day. Wild Orange layered with Frankincense for a feel-good morning mood for Mama. Fennel (occasionally) for keeping my milk supply up. Melaleuca for any skin issues. Lavender for my lymph glands if I'm not feeling well. Clary sage if it's Aunt Flo time. Oiled up. Boo ya.

6:50 In theory, I have successfully oil-pulled, and can now drink and eat. Two drops Grapefruit, Lemon, or Slim n Sassy in my water throughout the day. yum.

7:00 Or when the chillens awake: Lemon diffused to start the day and absorb cooking smells

7:30 Lemon or Grapefruit in little man's water because we're trying to avoid lots of juice.

8:00 Medicine time! we do Elderberry syrup (here for our basic recipe, save moolah baby), Liquivite from Neolife, and usually OnGuard on the chest if we're under the weather. Little man likes to point to places for me to put the Q-tip. I love that this is medicine for him.

9:00 At some point during the day, I do clean. In theory, this would happen in the morning. So I'll put it here and feel accomplished. Lemon, Melaleuca, Oregano, or Eucalyptus depending on what I'm cleaning.

11:30 After lunch, more lemon to absorb cooking smells

12:30-3:30: Diffuse in the boys room for nap-time--Lavender, Onguard, Frankincense...can't lose.

2:00 Inevitable headache because I forgot to drink enough: Melaleuca or Peppermint

4:00 (Or any time during the day or night, at the moment) my littler man is teething. Clove in coconut oil. phew.

5:00 A.K.A. Insanity Hour, when dinner is being finished but the kids are tired and everyone is fried: Wild Orange to recuperate and endure!

7:00 Bath-time, then Lavender on the back of their necks to relax. Using Onguard toothpaste uses Peppermint, Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Wintergreen, and Myrrh.

7:30 Lavender or OnGuard and diffuse for the boys

8:00 Frankincense on my pulse points, Deep Blue Rub for sore muscles/neck, enjoy the evening with a favorite oil diffusing before bed.

At the moment, there's our day. As we grow our collection, the uses will vary. Can't wait. If it seems like a lot, don't worry. It's second nature now, and doesn't waste any time. Knowing I'm not only saving money but keeping us healthy without needing to go anywhere is worth it.

What are the oils that you use the most during your day?


No comments:

Post a Comment