Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Proposal: X 3

After deciding on October 24th to move forward in a relationship, two weeks of insanity followed.
That Sunday, William Levi preached about Islam, the importance of marriage and having children, and
other words of wisdom. Afterwards while I (melinda) was talking with his wife Hannah, William asked Travis if we had set a date yet. I think the response in both our heads was
o_o
Fortunately, speechlessness didn't last too long and later that day, Travis said that it had set his mind to whirring and that he knew what he wanted, and where he felt that our Papa was leading us. After talking around the bush for a bit--a hobby of ours, at times--he wanted to know if he should get down on one knee.
Part of my brain was saying, 'psh. who needs that?' while the other said 'THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU GET TO HAVE THIS, DON'T WASTE IT BEING UNDERSTATED MY GOODNESS WOMAN YOU'RE ALREADY WEARING PURPLE SWEATPANTS.' so he did.
Part 1 end.

That Christmas, we traveled upwards, upwards, upwards...to northern New Hampshire to meet and visit his large wonderful family. A crazy weekend, and a worthwhile one. Hitting a snowstorm on the way back that Sunday, we made it to my house and decided that the weather merited a walk around in the white. As we trudged, I commented on the lovliness of the snow and we laughed at the lack of romance in the proposal one month before (with no regret, might we add). Then he offered: 'shall I do it again?' 'why sure', was the happy answer.
Thus the 2nd proposal, with knees covered in snow, did happen.
Part 2 end.
So we continued, living life and going through pre-engagement counseling (still useful even if you know where you're going!), planning a bit here and there, looking at rings and going -_- on some days and O_O on others. That May, Travis told me he had a surprise for me. Love surprises. I could either have it on a Wednesday, Thursday, or that Friday. Of course Wednesday, his birthday. That morning I decided to clean out his truck as a surprise. Any papers that weren't thrown out I shoved in a box I found in the back seat and forgotten so he could deal with it later. That afternoon he showed me a little grey box with a sparkly inside. Happy. Later we went down to my house and he pushed me on a swing. Gave me a hug and asked, 'will you marry me'? Of course yes. And wasn't it a good thing I didn't look into the box with the order form in it.
Part 3 end, Life begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment